I wanted to have a page where I listed all my 2021 Reading Challenges. I hope this will help me to keep them organized and that I won’t forget any of them. My plan is to update this page at the end of each month with my progress. I will also use the same book for more than one challenge, so it will not be impossible to complete as many of my challenges as possible.
Edelweiss Reviewers Challenge on Goodreads: The host for this group is Lynne from Fictionophile. I have linked to this group in case you want to join in. My goal for this challenge is to read 30 books that I got from Edelweiss. 18/30 (2021- 04-04 )
The 52 Book Club -2021 Challenge: This is a new challenge for me. I was invited to this group on Goodreads and it looked like a fun challenge so I jumped onboard. There is also a facebook page for this group. If you visit my page you can link to the challenge page on Goodreads and the Facebook group if you are interested. 33/52 (2021- 04-04 )
Bookbloggers Fiction Challenge for 2021 #BB2021FRC: This is a challenge that requires the reader to read 8 books based on specific prompts. A challenge begun by Lynne at Fictionophile in 2020. I enjoyed it and wanted to participate again. 6/8 (2021-03-31)
2021 Mystery Genre Bingo Challenge: Using key ideas and topics, Darinda at NIGHTCAP BOOKS has you create your own bingo card for this challenge. My goal is to complete two lines on my card. 17/25 squares, 2 lines (2021- 04-04)
Library Love Challenge 2021: Library Love Challenge hosted byAngel’s Guilty Pleasures & Books of My Heart. I have selected the Overdrive Junkie level which is to read or listen to 36 books. I will probably increase that goal as the year progresses. 40/36 (2021-03-31) I am going to up to Library Addict which is 48 books.
Spell the Month in Books: This is a monthly meme originally created by Jana @ Reviews from the Stacks. I am turning mine into a challenge. I am using books on my TBR to spell the month with the goal that I read at least half of them each month. I don’t have a wrap-up page for this goal, so will just link to each month from here. January 5/7, February 6/8, March 5/5, April
I also plan to have a small goal or mini-challenge each month.
- January: Once Upon a Grimm Readathon for January – Read them all
- February: Romance – Read 10 romance books – 14 read, Black History Month – 8 Books dealing with Racism or issues facing People of Colour and/or Books by Authors of Colour, I also watched 8 movies fitting the same criteria
- March: Reading Ireland – Read 5+ books by Irish Authors or set in Ireland, Finish a series for Read a Series in a Month I read 9 books for Reading Ireland, I Finished all 3 books in the Royal Bastards Series
- April: Middle Grades book, I would like to read at least 10 MG and/or YA books
- July: Christmas in July – Read 10 or more Christmas stories
- November: Ho Ho Ho Readathon, Non-Fiction November