I have been tagged before for the Liebster Award, but never did the tag. I figured I would give it a go this time around. Thanks to EziChi at The Chaise & Lounge for the tag. I loved reading her answers, it was fun getting to know more about her. Continue reading “Liebster Award.”
I was tagged by Brittany @Perfectly Tolerable. Margaret @ Weird Zeal, is the creator of this tag! Of all the tags I am doing in my 12 days of tags, this is the one I am the most excited about! I think its a super fun, creative, and unique idea for a tag!
I was tagged by Mischenko@ReadRantRock&Roll for this awesome, new tag that she recently created. I enjoyed reading her answers for this tag. Check out her blog, it is one that always has something interesting posted. Thanks for making me think again.
Short and sweet rules:
- Make sure to tag me as the creator (because I want to see everyone’s answers and make my TBR even longer…) Abbey @ Three Cats and a Girl
- Make sure to tag the lovely blogger who tagged you (because they also love lengthening their TBR)
- Give something that you are thankful for this year at the end of the post!
- Tag as many or as few bloggers as you like.
This award nomination is for the Sunshine Blogger Award.
We were nominated for The Sunshine Blogger Award by TWO SISTERS LOST IN A COULEE READING Please check out their blog if you haven’t already done so as they have an absolutely amazing blog!!! Thanks so much for nominating me Brenda and Norma.
- Thank the blogger who nominated you by linking their blog.
- Answer the questions
- Nominate 11 blogs with 11 questions
- List the rules as well as display the Sunshine Award Logo on your post.
11 Questions from the Traveling Sisters and my responses.
- What cheers you up?
My Wonderful Grandchildren.
2. Do you prefer to read one book at a time or several at once?
I usually have 3 going at a time. One is a physical book, one on my tablet and usually one audio book as well.
3. How do you prepare for your next read?
I am not sure what this question means.
4. Mountains or the beach?
I depends on the time of year. In the winter, I want to go to a nice warm location such as a beach. If it is hot, like in the summer, I would love to go to the mountains where it is cooler and not as humid.
5. If you had to be trapped in a TV show or a book for a month, which show or book would you choose?
Hmmm, that is a tough question because I don’t watch much television. I think I would like to live in the mountains, somewhere like Marietta or Eternity Springs.
6. Describe to me your dream vacation or best vacation.
So far I think my best vacation was when my family went out west when the kids were young. We went to Drumheller, Banff, Jasper etc. in Calgary, then south to Cody Wyoming for a rodeo. Spent several days in Yellowstone. We were off to Jackson Hole from there, drove home stopping along the way at Mt. Rushmore, Devil’s Tower and some caverns. The kids both enjoyed themselves and it was a family vacation to remember.
7. List five words that best describes you.
Happy, Smart, Caring, Christian, Friendly
8. What famous person do people tell you that you most resemble?
No one that I can think of.
9. What is your favourite book genre and book that you have read in that genre?
This is a real difficult question for me as I read so many different genres. I think I would say Thriller/Suspense right now. One of the most recent ones I have read/listened to is a medical Thriller by Michael and Daniel Palmer.
10. What is your least favourite book genre?
I would have to say horror.
11. What is your favourite thing to spend money on?
Hmmm, once again this is a tough one. I love to bake so spend a lot of money on good baking ingredients and other supplies, but I also love spending money on books for my grandchildren.
I am not going to nominate anyone because many of my blogger friends have already done this tag. If you have not, please do, I would love to see your answers. You can use the same questions of the ones below that Brenda and Norma answered.
1. What book would you want to see made into a movie?
2. Do you have any bookish pet peeves?
3. What’s your favourite blog post in the last month?
4. If you could travel to any fictional world, where would you go to?
5. What series of books would you recommend to everyone?
6. What was the last book post you received?
7. Do you have a favourite author?
8. What was the last book you highly recommend?
9. Is there a book you wish you could read for the first time again?
10. If you could meet any character from a book, who would you meet?
11. What’s the best looking book you have on your shelf?
I haven’t done a tag in a pretty long time. I couldn’t even tell you when, honestly. Nel at Reactionary Tales was gracious enough to tag me in this new one that I’ve never done before. If you haven’t met Nel, go check her out. She posts a lot of inspirational and motivational passages that will boost your spirit each day. Thanks Nel! There are quite a few questions so if you make it to the end, kudos to you! If you don’t, that’s okay too.
* Thank & tag the person that has tagged you.
* Attach the tag photo
* Answer the ‘This or THAT questions
* Tag a 10-20 friends.
- How do I feel at the moment? Totally Exhausted.
- What do I need more of in my life? Time to enjoy with my family and friends.
- What would make me happy right now? A Nap
- What is going on right now in my life? Trying to get my yard ready for summer. Getting the garden planted and the pool clean and running.
- What am I most grateful for? List 10 things. My family, wonderful neighbours, church family, my house/home, fresh water, healthy food, gorgeous and spacious yard, my wonderful friends, healthy and all the wonderful authors who write the great books I read.
- When did I experience joy this week? I find joy in the littlest things every day, but when my grandchildren come over and yell “Grandmama” when they see me, my heart overflows.
- List a small victory/success? I replaced my kitchen taps and faucet by myself!
- What is bothering me & why? I am just so tired all the time, but I can not sleep well either. It is so frustrating.
I was tagged by Perfectly Tolerable. Please check out her blog. I am not a person who does a lot of tags. In fact, I have saved lots of ones I have been tagged in, so thought I would try to do some of them. Here goes:
- Friends don’t lie.
- You must answer all the questions
- You must tag 4 people
1. What book has been on your shelf the longest?
Well, I have my shelf on Goodreads, but also many that I have on my physical bookshelf at home. I an not sure which one I have had the longest but I am going to guess it is Harry Potter.
I have the whole set and have seen all the movies, but this is the only one I have read.
2. What is your current read, your last read, and the book you’ll read next?
3. What book did everyone like but you hated?
I don’t think there was one. There might have been one that I didn’t like as much as others, but not hated.
4. What book do you keep telling yourself you’ll read, but you probably wont?
5. What book are you saving for your retirement?
Being as I am already retired, I am not saving anything.
6. Last page: Read it first or wait till the end?
I never read the last page first, but I sometimes peak when I am partway into the book.
7. Acknowledgement: waste of paper and ink, or interesting aside?
I depends. Sometimes I read them and like them, other times, they are a bore.
8. Which book character would you switch places with?
Hmmm, this is a tough question. I am not sure. I don’t think I would want to go back in time because the lives of women were tougher. I do like D. D. Warren from Lisa Gardner’s series. She is tough, smart and has a family so I think maybe her.
9. Do you have a book that reminds you of something specific in your life? (Place, time, person?)
I have a favourite children’s book that I read to my kids and they now read to my grandkids. It makes me cry sometimes, but I still love it.
10. Name a book that you acquired in an interesting way.
I have not really received anything in an interesting way. I did win some books in Goodreads Giveaways and one that a publisher reached out and sent to me without my request. I guess that might be the only one. I haven’t actually read it yet, but hope to some day.
11. Have you ever given a book away for a special reason to a special person?
There would not be one except for my Bible.
13. Any “required reading” that you hated in high school that wasn’t so bad two years later?
I loved most of the books I had to read in highschool, as I have always been an avid reader. I will say some of the Shakespeare I read was not the most enjoyable due to the old English but that would be my only complaint.
14. Used or brand new?
Doesn’t matter to me. I buy a lot of books at used book sales, yard sales etc. I also love the feel and crackle of a new book.
15. Have you ever read a Dan Brown book?
16. Have you ever seen a movie that you liked more than the book?
17. Have you ever read a book that made you hungry, cookbooks included?
There have been so many. I read a lot of cozies and so many of them have food involved. I could list over 20 if I started.
18. Who is a person who’s book advice you’ll always take?
I don’t really have a person I always take advice from. I have several bloggers that have similar tastes to me so I often trust their reviews and suggestions. One of my sisters also reads a lot and I will take recommendations from her.
19. Is there a book outside of your comfort zone that you ended up loving?
I am not a big fantasy, fairytale or folkore book but I am so glad that I tried The Bear and the Nightingale (Winternight Trilogy #1) by Katherine Arden. I read the second one and am looking forward to reading the last one when it comes out.
So now you have it. If you want to do this tag, please participate whether you are tagged or not. I am supposed to tag 4 people so I will, but do not feel obligated to complete.
Nina at The Cozy Pages
Noriko at Diary of a Bookfiend
Dee at Dee’s Rad Reads and Reviews
Holly at Dressed to Read
I rarely take part in blog memes or tags but when I saw this one it looked like so much fun!
Cleo from Cleopatra Loves Books and Nicki from The Secret Library did a great job with it, so I thought I’d join in. I got my meme from Lynne at Fictionophile. Check out their posts as well as mine.
If you want to join in yourself, here are the rules:
Find a book on your bookshelves that contains (either on the cover or in the title) an example for each of twenty categories.
You must have a separate book for all 20, get as creative as you want and do it within five minutes!! (or longer if you have way too many books on way too many overcrowded shelves!)
I hope that the books I chose pique the interest of some of you reading this post. I do not keep books I have already read, so these are books I have not read yet. As you can see, I read a pretty eclectic mix of books. It took me 17 minutes to select them, a lot longer to do this post. I think these books will be my TBR list for May unless I get to some of them this month. Enjoy.
Murder with Cinnamon Scones (Daisy’s Tea Garden Mystery #2) by Karen Rose Smith
The Children’s Train: Escape on the Kindertransport by Jana Zinser
Ivy Get Your Gun (Ivy Meadows Mysteries #4) by Cindy Brown
A Dog’s Way Home: A Novel (A Dog’s Purpose) by W. Bruce Cameron
Early One Morning by Virginia Baily
#6 Something you read
The Love Letter by Rachel Hauck
#7 Body of water
The Holiday Cottage by the Sea by Holly Martin
#8 Product of fire
Coal River by Ellen Marie Wiseman
The Rise of the Red Queen (Red Solaris Mystery, #2) by Bourne Morris
The Salt House by Lisa Duffy
#11 Item of clothing
#12 Family member
#13 Time of day
#15 Paranormal being
#19 Celestial body
#20 Something that grows
This was a fun tag. I will admit, once I selected them as I was putting the post together, I did make a couple of switches. I hope you will check some of these books out.
This is just a fun tag so if you are interested in doing it, consider yourself tagged. Happy reading.