I participated in this challenge in 2020. Although there are only 6 prompts, it took me until the end of the year to complete it. This challenge is hosted by Andrea @ Carolina Book Nook.
- The challenge runs from January 1, 2021 to December 31, 2021. You can sign up any time, but only count books that you read between those dates.
- Read a book in any format (hard copy, ebook, audio) with a title that fits into each category.
- Don’t use the same book for more than one category.
- Creativity for matching the categories is not only allowed, it’s encouraged!
- You can choose your books as you go or make a list ahead of time.
In 2021, choose 6 books that have titles that contain a: (Click on the links for more examples and info)
- One/1 (ex. One Second After; The 100)
- Doubled word (ex. In a Dark, Dark Wood; Wolf by Wolf)
- Reference to outer space (ex. The Fault in Our Stars)
- Possessive noun (ex. The Zookeeper’s Wife)
- Botanical word (ex. The Language of Flowers; The Sandalwood Tree)
- Article of clothing (ex. Bossypants)
As of February 25, 2021: 5/6
One/1 Crust No One by Winnie Archer 2021-01-11 Doubled word Something Read, Something Dead by Eva Gates 2021-02-22 Reference to outer space Once in a Blue Moon by Sharon Sala 2021-01-11 Possessive noun A Tourist’s Guide to Murder by V.M. Burns 2021-01-20 Botanical word Seasons of an Amish Garden by Amy Clipston 2021-01-10
- Article of clothing The Green Dress by Liz Tolsma