Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by That Artsy Reader Girl. This week’s theme is Outrageous Things I’ve Done for the Love of Books.
I don’t really have anything outrageous… especially not 10 things. So, listed below are 10 things I do because of my love for books. Pretty normal things, if you love books. 🙂🤔📚💞
1. Stay up too late reading. I often say up way too late to finish just one more chapter, that turns into finishing the whole book. It is not unusual to see me sleeping in a chair because I have fallen asleep trying to finish.
2. Spend way too much time on Goodreads. I am either checking for reviews to see if I want to read a book, writing a review for a book I have finished, doing a search in lists to find a book that fits a challenge I am in, participating in a group for book discussions or challenges or just checking out my TBR to see what I want to read next.
3. Have a book blog. I never thought I would have any kind of blog, but a book blog is relatively easy. I talk about something that I love, reading!
4. Own hundreds of books. Not only do I own hundreds of books, but I spend hours in my home library. Whether it is reorganizing the shelves or selecting what I want to read next, I probably spend too much time doing it. I recently added a children’s bookshelf downstairs for my grandchildren. I unpacked boxes and bins of books that I had saved from when my kids where young and now I can share them with my grandchildren.
5. Spend hours browsing books. Between visiting the library, bookstores and online sources, I am always amazed at how much time I spend just searching for books I might want to buy, beg or borrow.
6. Shop books when traveling. My husband would resignedly sit and wait anytime we went to a flea market or outlet mall if there was a book vendor anywhere near. I would always check them out.
7. Tell friends and others that I am sick or have a meeting or that someone is coming over, just so I can stay home and read my book instead of going somewhere I really don’t want to go.
8. Always carry a book, although that is often on my tablet or an audiobook on my phone. If I have 10 minutes to wait for something like an appointment, then I can read or listen to a book. Going out for a walk, listen to a book. Why waste time?
9. I have become addicted to audiobooks. I know some people think that is not reading, but I disagree. I listen to books all the time. I don’t watch much T.V. and don’t listen to the radio much, but I do listen to audiobooks. If I am cooking, cleaning, washing dishes, doing laundry, even working outside, I am usually listening to an audiobook at the same time.
10. I mentioned earlier that I have started a book blog, but I think one of the things that I have done over the last few years and that I spend a lot of time doing is following book bloggers, bookstagrammers and book reviewers on Twitter. It is a wonderful community and I love all the information I get from this. Great memes to follow, new friends to communicate with. Who knows, someday I might meet some of them in person.
This might be a bit of a stretch on the prompt, but it was what I thought of. I don’t think any of these things are outrageous but I am not an outrageous kind of gal. All I can say is that I enjoy reading and love books. Have a great day and my you all have time to read today.