Hello and Happy Friday! It is a time to spread some positivity amongst all the doom and gloom on social media and in the news. Please feel free to join in with your own Positivity post.
So much has happened since my last Positivity Wave!
Summer has officially begun, the pool is open, and has lots of use. Grandkids, friends, family and Sherman have all been in.
I have had my last days with Petey and Grandma. Once a week while the older two were in school, we had a day together. School is out and he starts JK in September, so our one on one days are over. I loved those days and we really bonded.
It was Angela’s birthday and we celebrated with two parties. One for family and one for school friends. She loved her Unicorn Birthday Party.
Our first Hicks’ Reunion since 2019 because of Covid. A great time was had by all. We stayed overnight at a hotel with a waterslide and the grandkids had so much fun. I took videos, but they won’t post.
I have enjoyed being able to go to the theatre once again. I have been to see Cinderella, Motown Legends, Gabs Sings Babs, The Crooners, The Dynamic Duos and Five Alarm. It has been wonderful.
A good friend of mine lost her husband last summer, so we have become the “Merry Widows” She has a cottage, so we have spend time there and she is my companion for most of the shows I have gone to. She also comes over a couple of times a week so we can swim, do some day drinking and have dinner together. Great to have a friend that enjoys the same things.
- Visited my 96 year old aunt (she won’t let us take us pictures) for the first time in 7 months. She is not doing well, so I am so glad we got to see her
- Spent time with my brother-in-law who is in long term care. He knew who I was, which was great, and we had a good visit.
- Had lunch with one of my sisters and a good friend. Caught up and shared a lot of laughs.
- Binge-watched The Lincoln Lawyer and loved it. (Thanks Jonetta at Blue Mood Cafe)
- Dog sat both my granddogs over the last month. I love having a dog in the house.
- Have read or listened to so many wonderful books.
- Getting to spend time outside in the sun and in the pool is always a great thing for me.
- Getting my gardens cleaned up: pulled weeds, trimmed bushes, planted flowers
- As always I am thankful for fresh air, clean water, a comfortable bed, healthy food, clothes, Air Conditioning, a car to get places, a home to live in, and all the other creature comforts we take for granted.
Of course, because this is mostly a book blog, I want to leave you with a smile on your face, sharing a joke about books.
I am so blessed and have so many things to feel good about and be grateful for.
What was positive in your life, this week? What are you grateful for?