So, the Dewey’s 24 Hour Fall Readathon has come to an end. This was the first time I participated and I am quite pleased with my results. I was able to read or doing reading related activities for 19 out of the 24 hours. I finally gave in at 2:00 a.m. and went to bed, but woke up just before 7:00 a.m. and got in one last hour of reading.
What did I read? One of my goals, in fact a major goal was to finish the Sunflower Sisters. Well, I didn’t quite make it, but have less than 100 pages to read, so will be able to finish it this morning. I also finished read Celebration Christmas Cove for a blog tour I was participating in and did a read/listen to complete The Santa Cruise. As a bonus, I started listening to Death at Greenway and am about 1/3 of the way through it. Overall, I am pleased with what I was able to read during this time.
Reading Related Activities: I was able to read a few blog posts throughout the day for a little over an hour of time. I also posted a couple of updates on my blog and put together a post for a blog tour.
Closing Survey from Dewey’s Readathon Blog
- How would you assess your reading overall? Very happy. I stuck to it quite well.
- Did you have a strategy, and if so, did you stick to it? Not really, just read as much as I can. I did switch between books, and formats throughout the day.
- What was your favorite snack? Chocolate is always my favourite snack and easy to eat while reading.
- Did you add any new books to your TBR/wishlist after seeing what everyone else is reading? Not yet, but as I look at what others finished, I probably will.
- What was your favorite book or experience from this readathon? I liked that I allowed myself to read and not worry about the dishes or anything else for one full day. Once I got into it, I loved Sunflower Sisters.
This was a different experience for me and I will participate again. What do you think, is this something you would consider participating in next time?