Hello and Happy Saturday! I decided to join in The Positivity Wave. Originally started by Meggy @Chocolate’n’Waffles. It is a time to spread some positivity amongst all the doom and gloom on social media and in the news. Please feel free to join in with your own Happy Friday post and link to Meggy’s post so that she knows and say ‘hi’
Last weekend my son called and asked if I wanted to spend the day with my granddaughter. I guess she was driving them all crazy. One on one grandma time always settles her down and makes me happy. She came over and we went outside to play in the snow. It wouldn’t pack so we couldn’t make a snowman, but we followed some bunny tracks, made out own trails, knocked down some icicles and soaked up the sun. When we came in, we made rice krispie squares, painted, played a couple of games, read some books and watched Frozen. A great day for sure.
I got in a baking/cooking mood this week. I tried some new recipes and made bread pudding with vanilla sauce, pecan scones, and chocolate scones. I also made a huge pot of chicken soup and meatloaf which I shared with my daughter and her husband.
I love book mail. I have to thank the lovely Rae at PowerfulWomenReaders for this book. She reviewed it and it sounded wonderful. When I mentioned that I would be putting it on my wishlist because I could not find it anywhere, she sent it to me. Thanks so much Rae.
- It has been beautiful weather most of this week and I have been able to go outside to walk most days. All that snow we had on Sunday in the pictures with my princess is gone today as our temperatures have been above freezing since Sunday.
- I visited with my friend, Krista. We have been friends since we were only 5 years old. It was a great visit with coffee and scones.
- I started watching The Crown this week. Don’t know what took me so long, I am really enjoying it.
- I was happy to see that I completed my February reading goals/challenges.
- I got some great books to read and listen to this week, always makes me happy.
- My Toronto Maple Leaf hockey team continues to play well and are still in first place, I love being able to watch their games, even if I can’t see them play in person this year.
- We are finally out of Lockdown and Stay at Home orders. (since December 26), so I have made an appointment to get my hair cut. It is not until March 10, but it is booked. Pedicure is next.
- We are all healthy in my family and circle of friends. Of course, we are also following all the rules to stay safe.
To leave you with a laugh, this had me in stitches when I saw it and I laugh every time I watch it.
I continue to believe that recognizing the good things that happen each week, means I will not dwell on the not so good things. I am truly blessed with all the good things in my life.
So to finish up, I ask that you try to be grateful for one thing each day and I am sure it will lift your spirits. What are you Grateful for today?