Hello and Happy Saturday! I decided to join in The Positivity Wave. Originally started by Meggy @Chocolate’n’Waffles. It is a time to spread some positivity amongst all the doom and gloom on social media and in the news. Please feel free to join in with your own Happy Friday post and link to Meggy’s post so that she knows and say ‘hi’
I missed my grandkids last week, so on Friday my son brought all three of them over in the afternoon. My grandson and I played all kinds of board games, while the little ones played shopping and house. They decorated Valentine Cookies (the older two, the little one just ate his), stayed for dinner and the younger two slept over. Their mom picked them up Saturday afternoon. I was so happy to get my grandkid fix.
If you are a member of PETA or love mice (the vermin kind, not the pets), please skip this section. I ended up with mice in my basement. I have no idea how they got in, but apparently they love white chocolate chips. Anyway, I bought some traps and set them. For the first three nights, I just fed the little critters. I bought new ones and tried again. I set them for three nights and caught two of the little pests. I am still setting them in case there are more, but I feel wonderful that I was able to take care of this problem on my own.
We got snow, lots of snow. It is absolutely beautiful with the sun shining on it. I just wish I didn’t have to clean the driveway, sidewalk and porches. I am definitely thankful that I have a snow-blower as we received just under a foot of snow in less than 12 hours. Here are a couple of pictures, one of my yard after the first shoveling and one down at the river that my friend took.
I watched and enjoyed several movies this week. With the weather being what it was and the police and the town wanting us to stay off the streets, this was a perfect time to catch up. See, I found a positive of all the snow. As well I am continuing to enjoy Gilmore Girls. I am on season five now.
- Valentine cards – It was great to open my mailbox and find a few valentine cards from friends.
- Phone calls – I have a group of ladies that I normally meet every Sunday evening for coffee. Well, we haven’t seen each other since the end of September when it got too cold to meet outdoors. I talked to them on the phone this week to catch up.
- I have been on a cooking binge again and it always feels good to drop food off at one of my kid’s houses for a dinner they won’t have to make when getting home from work.
- With our church closed right now, our secretary is on layoff. We had to put together our annual report to hand out by the end of February. Well, I put it together and I only made a few typos. One job that I could do to help out.
- Great books to read and audiobooks to listen to. I also love all the bloggers who make recommendations on their blogs. I have read some great books that I would not have read or listened to otherwise.
- Jokes, cartoons and humour keep me smiling. Below you will see some snowmen cartoons that made me smile, especially with all the snow we got.
I continue to believe that recognizing the good things that happen each week, means I will not dwell on the not so good things. I am truly blessed with all the good things in my life.
So to finish up, I ask that you try to be grateful for one thing each day and I am sure it will lift your spirits. What are you Grateful for today?