Hello and Happy Friday! I decided to join in The Positivity Wave. Originally started by Meggy @Chocolate’n’Waffles but I saw it posted by nickimags @ The Secret Library Book Blog and Jonetta@BlueMoodCafe. It is a time to spread some positivity amongst all the doom and gloom on social media and in the news. Please feel free to join in with your own Happy Friday post and link to Meggy’s post so that she knows and say ‘hi’
Well, we went into the red zone on Monday as far as Covid restrictions. Our cases are still rising, so I am pretty much hunkered down in my house. Not as much to share this week.
My daughter sold cookie advent calendars this year. I bought one for each of my grandchildren and my kids send me either a video of picture of them each day when they open the door. They are loving it. Here are a couple of them. I am so proud of my daughter’s ingenuity to start her own business.
On Sunday, I went to my son’s and we taped our part of the Sunday School and Youth Christmas Presentation. They are going to put all the families’ efforts together into a video for an online service later in December. I will post the link for anyone who wants to watch when it is posted. We had fun, but it is so bad.
I had Sherman until Sunday night when my daughter came to pick him up. I got a few more walks in.
My Christmas Cactus is blooming and looks gorgeous. It means a lot to me that I have kept it flourishing as it belonged to my mother-in-law.
Years ago my husband made a Santa in his sleigh with two reindeer. Over the years one of the reindeer got damaged. My son came over and got it a few years ago as I no longer put it up because of my trip south on boxing day each year. He put it up the other day and it brought back some good memories.
We had snow again on Monday this week and the kids had a snow day. My son sent me this picture. My granddaughter loved it and spent lots of time outside. The others, not so much. She called me on Messenger with read cheeks and happy smiles.
- I love turkey, my kids don’t, so I bought a small one when they were on sale and cooked it this week. It was so yummy. I made turkey soup, turkey salad sandwiches and turkey tetrazzini (from In Diane’s Kitchen) with the leftovers. So yummy.
- My ladies’ group had a another zoom meeting on Tuesday night and it was wonderful. I love laughing and sharing with them.
- I won a giveaway in the HO HO HO Readathon. I was so excited.
- I got several new cookie recipes on my post for the HO HO HO Readathon that I will try.
- Finally, it was my birthday on Sunday, November 29th. I had over 100 birthday wishes on facebook and even got a few cards in the mail. It made me so happy every time I got a notification about a birthday message.
I continue to believe that recognizing the good things that happen each week, means I will not dwell on the not so good things. I am truly blessed with all the good things in my life.
So to finish up, I ask that you try to be grateful for one thing each day and I am sure it will lift your spirits. What are you Grateful for today?