Hello and Happy Friday! I decided to join in The Positivity Wave. Originally started by Meggy @ Chocolate’n’Waffles but I saw it posted by nickimags @ The Secret Library Book Blog and Jonetta@BlueMoodCafe. It is a time to spread some positivity amongst all the doom and gloom on social media and in the news. Please feel free to join in with your own Happy Friday post and link to Meggy’s post so that she knows and say ‘hi’.
Once again spending time with family and friends tops my list of things that made me Happy this week.
- I started the week, last Friday with the grandkids, which is always an amazing adventure.
- My BFF has a son with autism. The local college did a fundraiser with their class, of a pasta dinner and games night. We went to that with her other son and had a nice time. They raised $1600.00 for a local agency that works with children with autism.
- After I left that, I went to another friend’s house, where I had cake, conversation and wine with some friends from high school.
- The lady in the front with the diamonds on her sweater is my friend with cancer. She just got the results back from her bone scan and the cancer has not spread, such wonderful news, so now we keep fighting and continue to shrink the tumour so she can have surgery.
- Sunday morning found me practising the Christmas Presentation for the church. We have a very small Sunday School (about 8 children that come regularly), but several children that have not been regular attenders came out after I sent an email invite to families. I ended up with 14 kids and youth from ages 3 to 18.So thrilled with the turnout. I hope it turns out well. We only have two practices before presenting to the church on December 15th.
- I did not have to cook the church dinner this week, so I got to go and enjoy the meal with friends without having to prepare it.
- This week my local library hosted a cookie exchange, called “Cook the Books”. There were 12 of us there and we each got all the recipes, plus 3 of each cookie to bring home. Of course we also got to taste them all. I brought home a dozen cookies with a bite out of each, and three dozen to share.
- Then, before I left the library, I visited the used book sale they were holding and got 9 paperbacks for $2.25. All books to bring to Florida to read by the pool and then donate to the sharing library.
- I decorated for Christmas this week. My granddaughter came over on Tuesday to help with the tree. She did such a great job. And once she had her nap, I finished decorating. It looks amazing, at least I think it does.
- I finished my Christmas shopping for the littles this week. I love that we have Black Friday sales that last for a week. I picked up everything on Tuesday after taking my granddaughter home.
- I have a Christmas Cactus that used to belong to my mother-in-law. It has had some pretty tough years. My husband nursed it and tried to keep it going. This year, it has more buds and blooms that it ever has since I got it 20 years ago.
- Today, I have the two youngest grands over again. The oldest is still dealing with his autoimmune reaction, but after two weeks, he is finally feeling some relief. I love playing with the kids and watching them together.
- Last but not least, I have read and listened to some amazing books this week. Keeping Lucy by T. Greenwood, The Scholar by Devla McTiernan, The Hope by Patricia Davids, The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Nighttime by Mark Haddon to name a few.
What’s made you happy this week?