Hello and Happy Friday! I decided to join in The Positivity Wave. Originally started by Meggy @ Chocolate’n’Waffles but I saw it posted by nickimags @ The Secret Library Book Blog and Jonetta@BlueMoodCafe. It is a time to spread some positivity amongst all the doom and gloom on social media and in the news. Please feel free to join in with your own Happy Friday post and link to Meggy’s post so that she knows and say ‘hi’.
The best thing that happened this week is that I finally got rid of my terrible cold. I had it for two weeks and it knocked me for a loop. This week, I felt so much better!
Sunday was the annual Turkey Dinner at out church which I chair. We served 115 meals and made a profit for our church of over $1300.00. It was absolutely delicious and I had such a great team to help. I always feel good when people enjoy the meals we prepare.
Wednesday was the third anniversary of my husband Ray’s passing. It is still tough, but I am writing about positivity here. The positives is that we got together as a family, my son, DIL, their three kids, my daughter and her boyfriend and myself. We went out for dinner to one of the places he used to go after playing baseball. I even had a couple of glasses of beer (It actually tasted good) to toast him and we shared memories. It made a sad day, more happy. This is a picture of him and I at the Kid Rock Concert at Sea World during one of our trips south.
- I caught up on my sleep this week, due to being awake so much coughing last week.
- I completed the church newsletter for Advent and it was sent out on Monday
- I actually got ahead on my Blog Tours and have three for December created and scheduled, ready to go.
- All the snow melted and it warmed up a bit, so driving is safe, and it is not so cold outside. The sun is actually shining today.
- My grandchildren are here today and we have been enjoying out time together.
- I curled up under a nice, warm quilt that a friend made for me to watch Hallmark movies.
- Toronto Maple Leafs (my favourite hockey team) finally broke out of their slump and won a game last night.
What’s made you happy this week?