Top Ten Tuesday was created by The Broke and the Bookish in June of 2010 and was moved to That Artsy Reader Girl in January of 2018. It was born of a love of lists, a love of books, and a desire to bring bookish friends together.
November 19, 2019: Top Ten Changes in my Bookish Life
I started blogging in September of 2015. I had no idea what I was doing, and still don’t. I have undergone many changes in my Bookish Life since then.
1. I had no idea that ARCs were a thing available to the general public. I love reading ARCs and getting in on the ground floor of a new book.
2. I used to just read physical books, but now read more on my kindle than physical books.
3. I used to save my favourite books to reread. I had so many bookcases full of books I had already read. I do not keep books to reread anymore, because I have so many books to read, I will probably not ever reread them. I donated them to various organizations to sell at used book sales. (Not my children’s books, I reread them all the time with my grandchildren)
4. Audiobooks are one of my favourite ways to read/listen to a book. A few years ago, I tried this medium and didn’t like it at all. Now, I think I listen to as many audiobooks as ebooks.
5. I will have several books on the go at the same time. I can read a physical book, an ebook and listen to an audiobook, depending on my activity. They have to be different genres so I don’t get confused, but it works.
6. I participate in blog tours. I never thought this was something I would do, but I enjoy it. I did get in a bit too deep (with six different publicity groups and some publishers) but have cut back a bit.
7. When I started blogging, I had authors reaching out to me to read and review their books. Now, I have publishers reaching out to me to read and review their books. Wow, never thought that would happen.
8. I read many more genres than I used to. I was pretty much a contemporary fiction and mystery/suspense reader before, and read the same authors over and over. I now read so many different genres and authors, that I will never read all the books on my TBR.
9. I review books. Now this sounds pretty silly, but I used to read a book and then move to another. I now reflect, and write my thoughts about a book. I review on Goodreads, Amazon, Barnes & Noble and my blog.
10. Challenges: I read what I wanted, when I wanted in the past. With the various challenges I participate in, I have widened my genres, added new authors to my faves, and gotten out of reading ruts several times.
I loved the idea of having a reflection post reminiscent of a journal entry or something.
How has your reading life change recently or over time?