Hello and Happy Friday! I decided to join in The Positivity Wave. Originally started by Meggy @ Chocolate’n’Waffles but I saw it posted by nickimags @ The Secret Library Book Blog and Jonetta@BlueMoodCafe. It is a time to spread some positivity amongst all the doom and gloom on social media and in the news. Please feel free to join in with your own Happy Friday post and link to Meggy’s post so that she knows and say ‘hi’.
I did not post a Positivity Wave last week as I had a terrible cold and spent most of the week either in bed or sitting in my lazyboy watching Hallmark movies or reading/listening to books. I made up for it this week.
- One of the best things that happened is that the worst of my cold is over. By Saturday I was feeling a lot better and finally able to get out and about. I got my shopping done and some laundry.
- Sunday we have Remembrance Day Services at out church. As well, I played some Youtube videos for my class (12 to 16 years old) and we discussed how we reconcile War, Remembrance Day with our faith. They had some great ideas. Here are two of the videos we watched.
- Also on Sunday, my daughter received free tickets to see The Windsor Spitfires play hockey (this is our local Ontario Hockey League team). Her and I went to the game and had a nice time together.
- I met with my friends for coffee after the game, the first time in three weeks due to my terrible cold. It was great catching up with my coffee ladies.
- On Monday, we were hit with an early snowfall. We got 6 inches of snow, which is a lot for November. It was quite heavy, but beautiful. I was very happy that I got the snowblower started by myself and cleaned of the driveway. I also loved looking out the back window at the winter wonderland.
- Tuesday night was my biweekly, dinner and devotions with several ladies from my church. We had a delicious Chicken Tortellini Soup, wonderful conversations to catch up and a thought provoking discussion on Proverbs.
- Wednesday, I went to Stratford, Ontario with a lady who was a friend of my mom’s and now a friend of mine, to see Billy Elliot, the musical by Elton John. It was amazing!!!
- I was able to buy a bunch of butternut squash for only $0.49 per pound, so peeled, cubed and froze 37 pounds to use throughout the year for soup, Christmas dinner and church dinners.
- I had dinner with my son, DIL and grandchildren on Thursday (Middle East Cuisine) that was delicious and then the two oldest grandchildren slept over. We read some books and then when the three year old went to sleep, Graham and I played several games of dominoes, Shuttles and a long game of Sorry. This morning the oldest one was picked up to go on an adventure with dad and the youngest was dropped off. They play pretty well together. Of course, grandpa would not be impressed if he were still around seeing them crawling around on his pool table.
- I got a new haircut. Short, sassy and easy to take care of when I am in Florida and in and out of the pool all day.
- When I was in Stratford this week, I bought a new tea towel. I love it and the saying makes me smile.
- In an earlier edition of Friday Positivity, I shared that my daughter started a new job. She had to take a test and get at least 90% within the first three months to keep her job. She would get three tries for the test. She took it for the first time and not only scored her 90%, but got the highest mark of anyone in the last 5 years. I am so proud of her.
- Add in some good books read and listened to, a couple of good Hallmark movies watched. some great hockey games, and it was a great week.
What’s made you happy this week?