Hello and Happy Friday! I decided to join in The Positivity Wave. Originally started by Meggy @ Chocolate’n’Waffles but I saw it posted by nickimags @ The Secret Library Book Blog and Jonetta@BlueMoodCafe. It is a time to spread some positivity amongst all the doom and gloom on social media and in the news. Please feel free to join in with your own Happy Friday post and link to Meggy’s post so that she knows and say ‘hi’.
What’s made me happy this week?
As always, spending time with family. Dinner with my son, DIL and my grandbabies on Saturday and Wednesday. I cherish every moment I spend with them.
We had a garage/yard sale at the church that raised over $700.00 for the church fund and over $100.00 for our camp fund for the kids. I donated 3 boxes of stuff from my recent clean out. I also scored some great books at the sale. 7 for only $3.50.
I went to see the new Downton Abbey movie with my DIL. I really enjoyed it and hope they make another.
I went to a dinner/fashion show with some friends. It was a lot of fun and the fashions were actually things I would wear.
- This was my week to prepare dinner for 60 at the church. We were supposed to be making Chicken Divan, but when the frozen broccoli turned out to be frozen spinach, we turned it into Chicken Florentine. We had a good laugh. I made pumpkin dump cake for dessert and I always feel good when people tell us they enjoyed it. Proceeds go to charity and this week we made over $300.00 so that felt good.
- Dinner with a group of ladies on Tuesday. It is a group from my church and we get together weekly for dinner and bible study. We took the summer off, so had a get together to share our summer fun. We had some wonderful Chinese food. I haven’t had that in a long time, it was delicious.
- After sharing that I was going to use my good china instead of storing it in the buffet, my lovely DIL was thrilled to take my Corelle off my hands. Her dishes are a heavy stoneware, so these will be much better for the kids to use. One less thing cluttering up my house.
- Went to the optometrist this week and found out I have cataracts. This is not good news, but trying to be positive, surgery will be next summer and then I won’t have to wear glasses anymore. I have worn them since I was 9 years old, so I am looking forward to this change. It will also clear up my blurry vision.
- I read and listened to some wonderful books again this week. I also watched a few movies I enjoyed: Welcome to Marwen, A Dog’s Way Home, A Star is Born.
- Another great week weather wise. Once again, I was able to swim everyday this week.
- It is fall/autumn. The temperatures are cooling down, so it is much more pleasant to sit outside or do outdoor work.
What’s made you happy this week?