Hello and Happy Friday! I decided to join in The Positivity Wave. Originally started by Meggy @ Chocolate’n’Waffles but I saw it posted by nickimags @ The Secret Library Book Blog and Jonetta@BlueMoodCafe. It is a time to spread some positivity amongst all the doom and gloom on social media and in the news. Please feel free to join in with your own Happy Friday post and link to Meggy’s post so that she knows and say ‘hi’.
What’s made me happy this week?
- Once again, I spent time with my grandchildren. I did not babysit this week, but they came over on the weekend for a swim and dinner. We are so lucky that our weather has been so beautiful. It has been in the mid to high 70s with a lot of sun. This is the oldest loving that he can swim with no help this year.
- My sister and I love attending theatre. We do to local presentations as well as more polished and professional ones. This week, we attended a smaller local presentation of Footloose. It was a lot of fun with a lot of energy.
- I decided it was time to downsize my spoon collection. I sorted through them and am passing on over 100 spoons and 6 spoon racks. Now I get to sand, patch, prime and paint the wall. That will be a rainy day project.
- I decided that I need to use my good china and not have it just sitting in the buffet. These were my grandma’s dishes so are real special to me. I took all my Corelle dishes out of the cupboard and put my good china . It made me feel good to eat dinner last night and breakfast on my pretty dishes.
- A retired friend of mine found out my pool was still open, as most people close them for the winter Labour Day weekend, she has been coming over everyday to do aquafit with me.
- I was recently approved by MacMillan Audio to review for them and this week I received:
- Because You’re Mine by Rea Fray; read by Samantha Desz
- THE MURDER LIST by Hank Phillippi Ryan
- HANDLE WITH CARE by Helena Hunting, read by Jacob Morgan and Andi Arndt
- SHAMED: A Kate Burkholder Novel by Linda Castillo
- ESCAPE ROOM by Megan Goldin
- MIDNIGHT AT THE BLACKBIRD CAFE by Heather Webber
- Overall, the weather has been awesome this week, the monarch butterflies have been fluttering around my butterfly bushes, and I have been grateful to be healthy and alive.