Hello and Happy Friday! I decided to join in The Positivity Wave. Originally started by Meggy @ Chocolate’n’Waffles but I saw it posted by nickimags @ The Secret Library Book Blog and Jonetta@BlueMoodCafe. It is a time to spread some positivity amongst all the doom and gloom on social media and in the news. Please feel free to join in with your own Happy Friday post and link to Meggy’s post so that she knows and say ‘hi’.
What’s made me happy this week?
Every Friday, my son brings my grandkids over and he runs errands. They always make me happy to have them here and I get to spend time with them reading, playing, swimming and this week, we went to the park.
- Sunday I prepared and served brunch after church with a friend. We had so many people come up, we had to set up more chairs. I love seeing people enjoy what I cook and bake.
- On labour day, a friend came over and we spent the day hanging outside and floating in the pool. She is a teacher, so it was her last day before going back to school. I am blessed that she chose to spend it with me.
- On Tuesday morning 15 retired teachers all had breakfast together. We do this on the first day of school each year. “To Hell With the Bell”
- I listened to a couple of enjoyable audiobooks this past week, although I have not posted reviews yet. Bark If It’s Murder (Dog Club Mystery #3) by V.M.Burns, Jealousy Filled Donuts (Deputy Donut Mystery #3) by Ginger Bolton
- I got some good deals shopping this week, using an app called Flashfoods that my daughter showed me how to use.
- My daughter has a side business making and decorating cookies. She got an order for a cake topper from a bakery. She was so excited, she is getting known out there. She also made this cookie for my grandson for his first day to school. Although the one she made me says Love, Grandmama.
- Had great weather this week, so I was able to start cleaning up the gardens, pulling weeds and old plants. When I get hot, I jump into the pool.
- I added lots of books to my TBR after reading blogs and reviews.