Hello and Happy Friday! I decided to join in The Positiviy Wave. Originally started by Meggy @ Chocolate’n’Waffles but I saw it posted by nickimags @ The Secret Library Book Blog and Jonetta@BlueMoodCafe. It is a time to spread some positivity amongst all the doom and gloom on social media and in the news. Please feel free to join in with your own Happy Friday post and link to Meggy’s post so that she knows and say ‘hi’.
What’s made me happy this week?
Each Friday my grandchildren come over to spend some time with grandmama. Sometimes I have all three, sometimes just one. Last week I had the two oldest. We went swimming, read some books and I just enjoy watching them play together. Always a fun day.
I love to bake and throughout the year I use a lot of grated zucchini to make zucchini loaves and zucchini fruit bar. I was able to grate and freeze several bags of zucchini this week.
Each morning I go out and check my pool for critters. It has been a regular hangout for toads and frogs this summer, often floating because they couldn’t get out. This is a happy little guy that was swimming this week. The grandkids loved it.
I was approved for a couple of ARCs that I had patiently waiting for and am delighted for the opportunity to listen to some audiobooks I requested from the publisher.
- I lost two pounds this week that made me very happy. With the weather a bit cooler and my leg being better, I can get out and walk or swim again.
- Getting ready for the new church season to begin, I conducted two successful meetings that got a lot of things set up for September.
- I have a friend that is undergoing chemotherapy. This week I took her to chemo and spent three hours reminiscing about growing up (we were neighbours as kids) and the future. She is so upbeat and received good news that the tumors are shrinking and that they might be able to try a new targeted form of chemo. Good news for her, happiness for me.
- Every morning I wake up, and check my email. It is delightful to see all the amazing blog posts that I love to read, especially a Good Morning Post each day from Susan@SusanLovesBooks
- Finally, I am happy that I was able to spend time with my friends on Sunday night having coffee, catching up on each other’s lives, laughing and just enjoying female companionship.