I have looked and looked at this challenge and never jumped on it because I was pretty sure I would never complete it. Well, maybe I need something to push me out of my comfort zone. I am going to give it a try and see how if I can complete it. My first task is to find out what RPG means. 😃
Call me crazy but I’m going to give it a go! 19/50 as of March 25
Here are the POPSUGAR Reading Challenge prompts:
1. A book becoming a movie in 2019. (Virgin River)
2. A book that makes you nostalgic.
3. A book written by a musician (fiction or non-fiction)
✔ 4. A book you think should be turned into a movie. The Dream Daughter by Diane Chamberlain
5. A book with at least one million ratings on Goodreads. (The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-time)
✔ 6. A book with a plant in the title or on the cover. The Cottage on Sunshine Beach (Sandcastle Bay #2) by Holly Martin
7. A reread of a favourite book.
✔ 8. A book about a hobby. Not a Creature Was Stirring (Merry & Bright Handcrafted Mystery) by Christina Freeburn
✔ 9. A book you meant to read in 2018. A Noise Downstairs by Linwood Barclay
10. A book with ‘pop’, ‘sugar’, or ‘challenge’ in the title.
✔ 11. A book with an item of clothing or accessory on the cover. Lover Come Hack (Mad for Mod Mystery #6) by Diane Vallere
12. A book inspired by mythology, legends, or folklore. (The Winter of the Witch)
13. A book published posthumously.
14. A book you see someone reading on TV or in a movie.
15. A retelling of a classic.
16. A book with a question in the title.
✔ 17. A book set on a college or university campus. Broken Heart Attack (Braxton Campus Mysteries) by James J. Cudney
18. A book about someone with a superpower.
✔ 19. A book told from multiple character POVs. Cross Her Heart by Sarah Pinborough
20. A book set in space.
21. A book by two female authors.
✔ 22. A book with a title that contains ‘salty’, ‘sweet’. ‘bitter’, or ‘spicy’. The Amish Sweet Shop by Emma Miller, Laura Bradford, Mary Ellis
23. A book set in Scandinavia.
24. A book that takes place in a single day.
✔ 25. A debut novel. The Bookshop of Yesterdays by Amy Meyerson
✔ 26. A book that’s published in 2019 The Amish Candymaker by Laura V. Hilton
✔ 27. A book featuring an extinct or imaginary creature. The Bone Witch (The Bone Witch #1) by Rin Chupeco
✔ 28. A book recommended by a celebrity you admire. (Oprah Winfrey) Becoming by Michelle Obama
29 .A book with ‘love’ in the title. A Crazy Little Thing Called Love
✔ 30. A book featuring an amateur detective. The Ninja’s Illusion (Jaya Jones Treasure Hunt Mystery #5) by Gigi Pandian
✔ 31. A book about family. A Baxter Family Christmas (The Baxters #24) by Karen Kingsbury
32. A book written by an author from Asia. Africa, or South America. The Island of Sea Women
33. A book with a zodiac sign or astrology term in the title. The Man You Meet in Heaven
✔ 34. A book that includes a wedding. Gown With the Wind by Stephanie Blackmoore
✔ 35. A book by an author whose first and last names start with the same letter. The Wild Inside (Glacier Park Mystery #1) by Christine Carbo
36. A ghost story.
✔ 37. A book with a two-word title. The Masterpiece by Fiona Davis
✔ 38. A novel based on a true story. Rust & Stardust by T. Greenwood
39. A book revolving around a puzzle or game.
40. Your favourite prompt from a past POPSUGAR Reading Challenge.
41. A ‘cli-fi’ (climate fiction) book.
42. A ‘choose-your-own-adventure’ book.
✔ 43. An ‘own voices’ book. The Kiss Quotient (The Kiss Quotient #1) by Helen Hoang
44. Read a book during the season it is set in.
45. A Lit RPG book.
✔ 46. A book with no chapters/unusual chapter headings/unconventionally numbered chapters. The Heart’s Invisible Furies by John Boyne
47. Two books that share the same title (1)
48. Two books that share the same title (2)
49. A book that has inspired a common phrase or idiom. (eg Big Brother from 1984)
50. A book set in an abbey, cloister, monastery, vicarage, or convent.