I haven’t done a tag in a pretty long time. I couldn’t even tell you when, honestly. Nel at Reactionary Tales was gracious enough to tag me in this new one that I’ve never done before. If you haven’t met Nel, go check her out. She posts a lot of inspirational and motivational passages that will boost your spirit each day. Thanks Nel! There are quite a few questions so if you make it to the end, kudos to you! If you don’t, that’s okay too.
* Thank & tag the person that has tagged you.
* Attach the tag photo
* Answer the ‘This or THAT questions
* Tag a 10-20 friends.
- How do I feel at the moment? Totally Exhausted.
- What do I need more of in my life? Time to enjoy with my family and friends.
- What would make me happy right now? A Nap
- What is going on right now in my life? Trying to get my yard ready for summer. Getting the garden planted and the pool clean and running.
- What am I most grateful for? List 10 things. My family, wonderful neighbours, church family, my house/home, fresh water, healthy food, gorgeous and spacious yard, my wonderful friends, healthy and all the wonderful authors who write the great books I read.
- When did I experience joy this week? I find joy in the littlest things every day, but when my grandchildren come over and yell “Grandmama” when they see me, my heart overflows.
- List a small victory/success? I replaced my kitchen taps and faucet by myself!
- What is bothering me & why? I am just so tired all the time, but I can not sleep well either. It is so frustrating.
- What are my priorities at the moment? Taking care of myself healthwise, and trying to remember it is okay to say no.
- What do I love about my self? That I am okay being alone, even though I miss my husband, I am able to take care of myself and be relatively happy.
- Who means the world to me & why? My children and grandchildren, need I say more
- If I could share one message with the world, what would it be? Be positive, look for the good in every person and every situation. Better for yourself and the world.
- What advice would I give to my younger self? Take care of yourself better, try to eat healthier and exercise more.
- What lesson did I learn this week? I need to learn to say no. It is okay to see I am too busy, or have other commitments.
- If I had all the time in the world, what would I do first? Spend more time with family and friends doing nothing but talking and relaxing together.
- What’s draining my energy? Not being able to sleep, coughing all night etc.
- What does my ideal morning look like? Waking up when my body tells me too, not the alarm. Having my coffee and breakfast, reading the paper before anyone comes over or having to babysit.
- What does my ideal day look like? Sleeping until I wake on my own, quiet morning, visit with grandchildren in afternoon, nice warm (not hot) day sitting outside reading. Dinner out with friends, reading again in the evening.
- What makes me come alive? Family and friends.
- What/who inspires me the most? People who are giving, kind, sharing, compassionate, not judgmental.
- Where does my pain originate? My back and knees due to my weight. I do not really have emotional pain except the loss of my husband, but I am getting better emotionally.
- What are my strengths? I am kind, generous, love to volunteer and help others. I also am a pretty good cook and baker.
- What is something I’ve always wanted but too scared to get? Nothing that I can think of.
- What is something I would love to learn? Another language fluently so I can travel more.
- Where would I want to live my ideal life? Not sure, I love where I live now.
- Where would I like to travel in the next 5 years? I want to go back to the UK and visit Wales, England and more of Ireland and Scotland. I also want to to to Australia and New Zealand. The Southwest Coast of the US has also always been somewhere I would like to go. Back to the East Coast of Canada, specifically Newfoundland.
- What can I do to take better care of myself? Eat healthier, get more exercise and sleep as well as learning to say no.
- What hobbies would I like to try? I would like to take up playing pickleball.
- When have I done something that I thought I couldn’t do? 5 years ago I lost 99 pounds. I never thought I would be able to do it. Unfortunately with my husband’s illness and death, I have put it all back on.
- At the end of my life, what do I want my legacy to be? I would hope my legacy would continue on through my children and grandchildren. I was also a teacher and I would love the children I taught to say, I remember Mrs. Johnson-Hicks, she was one of my best teachers. I also hope I inspire people to volunteer and help others. Of course I hope my work with literacy and the library at my school inspired children to continue reading on into adulthood.
I am going to tag a few people, but do not feel pressured to do this one.