I was tagged by Mischenko at ReadRantRock&Roll
1. What is your pets name? This is Bigg. His real name is BigMouth named by my son when he was 16, but I refused to call him that, so it became Bigg for short.
2. What kind of pet is it and what breed? He is a Jack Russell. In case you did not know, all Jack Russells do not look like Eddie from Frasier. There are long legged and stubby legged, Bigg is long legged. There are smooth hair and curly hair, Bigg is smooth. He is also almost white. He has dark spots on his skin, so when he is wet he looks like a dalmatian, but otherwise, he is pretty much white.
3. How long have you had your pet friend? We got Bigg when he was weaned from his mother and he is now almost 16. His birthday is in May.
Bigg as a puppy. At 17 months.
Bigg at 7 years old Bigg this past summer at 15 years.
4. How did you get your pet? When our last dog died at 16, my husband researched what kind of dog he wanted. He read about how smart Jacks were and decided that was what he wanted to get. A friend of his parents bred Jack Russells so we got him from them. The kids picked him out from the ones that were available. They loved that he yawned and his mouth opened so wide. He was the runt of the litter.
5. How old is your pet? He is 15 years and seven months.
6. What are some quirky things about your pets personality?
Even though Jacks are smart, ours, not so much. We do believe he has OCD. He used to lick a spot on the pavement outside to the point that it is a different colour than the rest. He also chases light. He will go outside when the light is shining on the door and bark so you will open the door. When the light reflects on the patio, he chases it and barks at it, not as often now as he is getting older, but he still does it. He also chews and licks one leg. It has no hair and is scarred but it does not seem to bother him. He also loves to be under blankets. When he is on the couch, if no one covers him up, he will wiggle around until he manages to get the blanket over him. Here is a series of pictures showing his success.
7. What does your relationship with your pet mean to you? He means everything to me. Those who follow my blog know that my husband passed away a year ago and I almost had to have Bigg euthanized this month, but God and a very good vet intervened. He had major dental surgery, lost 10 teeth and had lots of antibiotics, but he is now eating again, his breath is wonderful and he is no longer in pain. He is also on arthritis medication for his hips and he is jumping up on the couch again. He knows just when I need a snuggle and a hug. He keeps me company and makes me laugh. I am so glad I am going to have him around for a while longer.
8. What are some of your favorite past times with your pet? When he was younger he used to love to swim. He would get in the pool and swim back and forth until he was exhausted. I would do my water jogging beside him.
This is Bigg with my daughter Jessica. He would chase that big tennis ball when we threw it in the pool for him.
He also loved to play tug. He would grab onto whatever and we could pick him up, because he would not let go.
When my daughter moved back home four years ago, she brought her Jug with her. (jack russell/pug). They had a love/hate relationship, but eventually learned to get along. They don’t live here anymore and that is just as well.
9. What are nicknames that you call your pet? I call him Biggie Boo and my son calls him Uncle Bigg because he has kids. Occasionally my husband used to call him dumbass.
I am not sure who all has a pet, so, if you want to do this tag, please do! You are tagged. I would love to know more about your pets.